Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Final Reflection - Instructor Derby

As this class draws to an end, I reflect on all the ways we have discussed influencing our colleagues to make a change more towards using technology in their class. I also reflect on the learning activity and implementation plans I have developed regarding integrating more technology into my classroom. I set up an on-line classroom using Moodle. This particular use of technology allows teachers to incorporate a lot of different technologies and put them on a page for easy access and use. Moodle also allows for class discussions, on-line quizzes or tests, class blogs and wiki’s and much more. The main idea I took from this class was to use technology that was fun and interesting, but at the same time very easy to use and access. Using Moodle is definitely a technology that my students have never used before and it definitely helps to prepare them for their lives beyond high school because on-line education is only going to get more popular due to busy schedules.

Immediate adjustments I plan on making to identify emerging technologies with the potential to transform teaching and learning is to keep sharing what I have learned about with my colleagues. I also plan on incorporating more of what we have learned about by using Moodle. Blogs and Wiki’s can be great resources and Moodle allows the use of those technologies without overloading students with numerous sites to join and passwords to keep track of.

No comments:

Post a Comment